The list of billionaires from the African continent has been released and as usual, Nigeria’s Aliko Dangote is still leading the pack after a 30% increase in the share price of Dangote Cement, which is one of his companies.
The list, which was released by Forbes Magazine, identifies 18 billionaires from Africa. Second place was taken by Egyptian businessman, Nassef Sawiris, who owns a 6% share in sportswear giant, Adidas.
Below is the complete list of all the 18 billionaires from Africa.
- Aliko Dangote- $12.1 billion
- Nassef Sawiris- $9.2 billion
- Nicky Oppenheimer- $8.1 billion
- Johann Rupert- $7.2 billion
- Mike Adenuga- $6.2 billion
- Abdul Samad- $5.5 billion
- Issad Rebrab- $4.8 billion
- Naguib Sawiris- $3.5 billion
- Patrice Motsepe- $3 billion
- Koos Bekker- $2.8 billion
- Mohamed Mansour- $2.5 billion
- Aziz Akhanouch- $2 billion
- Mohammed Dewji- $1.6 billion
- Youssef Mansour- $1.5 billion
- Othman Benjellon- $1.3 billion
- Micheil Le Roux- $1.2 billion
- Strive Masiyiwa- $1.2 billion
- Yasseen Mansour- $1.1 billion
We are certain that a Ghanaian is going to make the list in the near future.